Cyberduck won't download large file from iDisk.

The Cyberduck forums have moved to Google Groups, this forum is read only.
redsteven2
Harmless

Cyberduck won't download large file from iDisk.

Postby redsteven2 » Sat Sep 19, 2009 6:54 pm

I'm away from home at school, and there's a DVD that I need back at home.I had my father make a disk image of the DVD and upload it to my iDisk. It comes out to about 3.9 gigs.
I don't want to download it with the Finder because my internet connection isn't great here, and I can't pause/resume downloads with the Finder.

So I tried using CyberDuck to do it but CyberDuck refuses to download the file. It has no issue downloading any other files from my iDisk... but when I ask it to download this ~4 gig disk image, it says "download complete" immediately, with a size of "0 B of 3.9 GB".

I have no idea what's going on.

P.S. I have two copies of the disk image on my iDisk. One is a "master cd/dvd disk image" and the other is a "compressed disk image". The compressed disk image is slightly smaller... about 3.3 gigs... but the same EXACT thing happens when I try to download that one through CyberDuck as well..... it's supposedly "complete" at 0 bytes.

EDIT: I also tried downloading the entire folder that contained the disk image, thinking that might work.... but it didn't. CyberDuck downloaded the other file in the folder just fine (about 5.5 MB), and now it says "Download Complete - 5.5 MB of 3.9 GB).

redsteven2
Harmless

Re: Cyberduck won't download large file from iDisk.

Postby redsteven2 » Sun Sep 20, 2009 7:09 pm

I think I know what the issue is.

I tried downloading the same files from my iDisk with the both the Finder and Safari. Both of them couldn't download the files either, but they could still START the download. But then they'd think the download was complete after about 1.6 gigs or so, even though the file was clearly supposed to be larger (and these half-downloaded disk images were of course not mountable).

I contacted MobileMe support and the guy I spoke to said that trying to download any file over 2 gigs from the iDisk is really pushing it, and that all they can suggest is to partition it into smaller files : \

So CyberDuck has been exonerated.

Return to “Cyberduck”