"Update Errors" - cannot update my Cyberduck

The Cyberduck forums have moved to Google Groups, this forum is read only.
roxpat
Harmless

"Update Errors" - cannot update my Cyberduck

Postby roxpat » Fri May 01, 2009 8:30 am

Hi all -

Since I started using Cyberduck in December I've tried several times to update the software. Each time it comes up with:

Update Error!
Cyberduck does not have permission to write to the application's directory! Are you running off a disk image? If not, ask your system administrator for help.

I'm running Cyberduck on my Mac with OSX 10.5.6; my website is designed in iWeb 09.

Thanks so much for your help!

roxpat

kayakguide.com
Harmless

Re: "Update Errors" - cannot update my Cyberduck

Postby kayakguide.com » Mon May 18, 2009 10:24 pm

I have the same issue. The error message asks whether you're running off a disk image, but fails to tell you how to fix the problem! I hope someone responds with a solution.
Regards
kayakguide.com

subtractman
Harmless

Postby subtractman » Sat Jul 18, 2009 10:19 pm

I take it nobody has helped fix this yet. I have the same issue. Surely other people can't update, and you'd think the Makers would consider this important enough to fix, n'est-ce pas?

subtractman
Harmless

Postby subtractman » Sat Jul 18, 2009 10:56 pm

I think I just found the fix, guys. The problem may be in the version of Cyberduck you have now, not in the update. Anyway, I downloaded a "nightly build," which installed just fine. Then I got the familiar message saying an update was available, and when I clicked to update, that worked, too. Try it.

Return to “Cyberduck”