ftp problem after upgrade to 3.1.2

The Cyberduck forums have moved to Google Groups, this forum is read only.
danchall
Harmless

ftp problem after upgrade to 3.1.2

Postby danchall » Sun Feb 01, 2009 6:48 pm

Please help or advise with this problem transfering files using ftp after I upgraded to 3.1.2. When I try to connect (port 21) to mysite.verizon.net, I appear to connect but am unable to get a directory listing. This has something to do with the PATH setting in the bookmark. If I type in a folder that does not exist, I get an error message but the display defaults to the root directory of the site. That's the good news: it looks normal (except for the fact that I had to specify a non-existent start folder). If I do that, I can navigate the site, I can create and delete files and folders. However, I cannot drag a file into the window. It tries to get a listing at that time, and fails. I see a "STAT / "command, a listing only of "." and "..", a CWD / command, "directory listing failed", and a QUIT (and a long time disconnecting). If I send the command "STAT /" I immediately see the "." and ".." files, a delay, and that's all I get.

But if if do the normal thing, I use "/" in the bookmark as the path (or if I use a null entry or a folder that exists), then I do not get a listing: the connection seems to be live but I see no files and cannot do anything. The status line says "listing directory /" and then "listing directory failed." Then I get an empty display, "0 files", and the log drawer shows what looks like a successful login with / as the current directory. But there should be files and folders listed. In the log, I see "STAT /", a display only of "." and "..", and then PWD. The status bar says "listing directory failed" and then it retries, and displays the empty listing. Quota says 15.7% available, and says "/" is the current directory.

I had no problem yesterday using Cyberduck before the version update (I was at least at 3.0) and I am able to connect today via WS-FTP without trouble from my windows laptop. Any advice welcome.

danchall
Harmless

Re: ftp problem after upgrade to 3.1.2

Postby danchall » Sun Feb 01, 2009 7:00 pm

When I use the non-existent folder, I see the NOOP command sent, FEAT, (to which the site returns 211-Features: MDTM / REST STREAM / SIZE / 211 End); PASV is sent, it acknowledges, then LIST -a
is sent, and I get the correct full listing of the root directory. While this happens the graphical interface has a Failures window dealing with the non-existing folder. I cancel. If I try to send the same successful LIST -a command from the GO option, I get "425 Unable to build data connection: Invalid argument"

danchall
Harmless

Postby danchall » Wed Feb 04, 2009 11:18 pm

I installed 3.02 and had the same problem. I installed 3.01 and now I have no trouble.

dkocher
Cyberduck Team

Postby dkocher » Sat Mar 21, 2009 6:39 pm

Please refer to the workaround described in http://trac.cyberduck.ch/wiki/help/en/problems#ListingdirectoriesfailsorshowsnocontentFTP. This is due to an incompatibility with the STAT command.

dkocher
Cyberduck Team

Postby dkocher » Sat Mar 21, 2009 6:41 pm

And please post the transcript from the unsuccessful directory listing as a comment to http://trac.cyberduck.ch/ticket/2445 so this gets fixed in a future release.

danchall
Harmless

Postby danchall » Fri May 01, 2009 1:48 am

Thanks for the advice. I was happy with 3.01, and came back to this thread only by accident (I had it bookmarked). When I tried to start the program just now, I was given the opportunity to update to 3.2, and I did, and now the program seems to work. Unless you really need it, I will not downgrade to 3.1.2 to replicate the trouble so I can copy the transcript. It looks like the issue was resolved in any event.

Return to “Cyberduck”