Cyberduck asking for 'Private Key?' ...

The Cyberduck forums have moved to Google Groups, this forum is read only.
stevemayo
Harmless

Cyberduck asking for 'Private Key?' ...

Postby stevemayo » Sat Jan 17, 2009 10:13 am

Hi guys, anyone help me with this ...?
Been using Cyberduck to transfer between IWeb & my non - Mac host for my website, all was working OK (no passwords changed etc) but now when I log in I am getting a message up with a bunch of keys in the corner saying 'Log In failed', and the words 'No Private Key' on the bottom ...
Been through all the Preferences in Cyberduck to see if anything about Private Key has been 'un-ticked' or something, but I can't find any references to this at all ...
Anyone now where I can re-obtain the "Private Key ' mentioned (server or in my Mac / Cyberduck) and where I activate it & get up & running again?
Your Hopefully Steve ...

dkocher
Cyberduck Team

Re: Cyberduck asking for 'Private Key?' ...

Postby dkocher » Mon Jan 19, 2009 3:24 pm

Public key authentication is a authentication mechanism that can be used to authenticate yourself to a SSH server instead of a username/password credential.

stevemayo
Harmless

Postby stevemayo » Sun Jan 25, 2009 7:54 pm

thanks for your reply, but its asking for a 'private' key, is that my end or at the host? How do I select a private key? thanx ...

stevemayo
Harmless

Postby stevemayo » Mon Jan 26, 2009 11:56 am

manage to find the problem, nothing to do with Cyberduck, ftp access was not activated at my host (which passes as a Private Key they informed me) due to a password upgrade, all sorted now ... :grin:

Return to “Cyberduck”