Using Cyberduck THREE to connect to an iDisk

The Cyberduck forums have moved to Google Groups, this forum is read only.
redsteven2
Harmless

Using Cyberduck THREE to connect to an iDisk

Postby redsteven2 » Wed Apr 09, 2008 1:50 am

doesn't work....

I tried over and over with slightly different approaches for 10 minutes... but to no avail.

Protocol: WebDAV
port: 80
server: idisk.mac.com
username: redsteven1
password: ***

I also tried using server: idisk.mac.com/redsteven1 and then leaving username blank, but that didn't work either. Every time it gives me a "NOT FOUND" error. What's going on?

I'm using ducky 3.0b1

dkocher
Cyberduck Team

Re: Using Cyberduck THREE to connect to an iDisk

Postby dkocher » Wed Apr 09, 2008 7:59 am

You have to enter a initial directory to connecto to. In the connection dialog, open 'More Options' and enter your .Mac username in the Path field. Alternatively, you can also just enter http://idisk.mac.com/membername in the quick connect field in the toolbar.

If that still doesn't work, please open a ticket at http://trac.cyberduck.ch/newticket

redsteven2
Harmless

Postby redsteven2 » Wed Apr 09, 2008 7:20 pm

dkocher wrote:you can also just enter http://idisk.mac.com/membername in the quick connect field in the toolbar.

Alright, that worked - thanks.
My faith in the ducky has been restored.

Ian Osborne
Harmless

Postby Ian Osborne » Wed May 13, 2009 10:15 am

Can you shed a little more light on this please? On one computer, I found the path was added automatically even the first time I used Cyberduck on it, but on another, it wasn't there. Is there any rhyme or reason to this, or is it a MobileMe quirk?

dkocher
Cyberduck Team

Postby dkocher » Wed May 13, 2009 10:55 am

Ian Osborne wrote:Can you shed a little more light on this please? On one computer, I found the path was added automatically even the first time I used Cyberduck on it, but on another, it wasn't there. Is there any rhyme or reason to this, or is it a MobileMe quirk?

As of 3.1 you can just select MobileMe iDisk from the protocol selection which will set all connection properties according to your system preferences. There is a bug in the current 3.2 release that uploads to iDisk fail (#3149). You have to use the latest nightly build.

Ian Osborne
Harmless

Postby Ian Osborne » Wed May 13, 2009 12:58 pm

Cheers, but the problem I was having was that on some machines, '/username' was automatically added to the Paths field, but in others, it wasn't. Is this down to the bug?

Also, is it possible to use the Cyberduck Widget with a MobileMe account? I tried, but without success.

Thanks for your help! :-)

Return to “Cyberduck”