Mail subject and text not reporting

The Growl forums have moved to Google Groups, this forum is read only.
ibgoldberg
Harmless

Mail subject and text not reporting

Postby ibgoldberg » Wed Sep 30, 2009 2:33 pm

I just upgraded to the new release of Growl and was thrilled to find the Mail plug in. It is active and functioning; however, I cannot seem to get the notification to show Subject and Text. I have changed the syntax in the preferences area of Mail/ Growl to read in title: "%sender %subject" and in Description: "%body". Growl notifies me when new mail arrives, but still only with a notification of "New Mail" with the mail account name. I cannot find a syntax guide so that may be an issue- but it is odd that it still shows the information that was in the preferences after install.

The new settings remain in the Mail preferences and other notifications are providing the information that they are set for.

Is there syntax I need or a setting I have missed? Any help appreciated.

Snow Leopard 10.6.1
Growl 1.2
Mail 4.1

Thanks

got2trythis
Harmless

Re: Mail subject and text not reporting

Postby got2trythis » Wed Sep 30, 2009 3:00 pm

I have a similar problem. I am getting the BODY, SENDER, and SUBJECT in the email notification when I ONLY specify %sender and %subject! I do get the sender and subject that is not a problem but I also get the body which I do not want in the notification! No matter what I do I always get the body!

boredzo
Cocoaforge Admin

Postby boredzo » Wed Sep 30, 2009 6:36 pm

ibgoldberg wrote:It is active and functioning; however, I cannot seem to get the notification to show Subject and Text. I have changed the syntax in the preferences area of Mail/ Growl to read in title: "%sender %subject" and in Description: "%body". Growl notifies me when new mail arrives, but still only with a notification of "New Mail" with the mail account name.

Sounds like you have summary mode turned on.

boredzo
Cocoaforge Admin

Postby boredzo » Wed Sep 30, 2009 6:39 pm

got2trythis wrote:I have a similar problem. I am getting the BODY, SENDER, and SUBJECT in the email notification when I ONLY specify %sender and %subject!

OK, so you have a completely different problem, then.

Try this thread.

Return to “Growl”