clear latest notification

The Growl forums have moved to Google Groups, this forum is read only.
rouble
Harmless

clear latest notification

Postby rouble » Thu Aug 27, 2009 6:18 pm

I, almost exclusively, use sticky growls.

I think growl would benefit with a pure keyboard shortcut to clear the clear the latest notification.

So, for example, lets say the keyboard shortcut is Option+Q. If I have one notification on my desktop, Option+Q would get rid of it.

If I have two notifications on the desktop, then Option+Q would get rid of the latest one, and leave the older one. So, I would have to press Option+Q twice to get rid of both. Basically, if I press Option+Q enough times, it would clear up my desktop.

Also, we could have another shortcut Option+Control+Q to get rid of all sticky growl notifications.

tia,
rouble

boredzo
Cocoaforge Admin

Re: clear latest notification

Postby boredzo » Thu Aug 27, 2009 9:20 pm

The set of modifiers will certainly not be option alone. Option-q, for example, is œ—presumably not a frequently-used character, but it still wouldn't be right for us to block it completely.

Control makes a bit more sense, as you would then be adding option to mean all instead of just one (a well-established Mac interface feature), although blocking ctrl-q (quote-char) would be far worse than blocking option-q.

More to the point, I don't see why you would only want to close the latest notification. Maybe the latest, maybe not, but you more probably have a specific notification in your sights and the fastest way to specify it is with the mouse.

That leaves closing all notifications. Request filed.

Return to “Growl”