Hi, I'm new to this forum and also new to Growl

The Growl forums have moved to Google Groups, this forum is read only.
InsaneMisha
Harmless

Hi, I'm new to this forum and also new to Growl

Postby InsaneMisha » Mon Jul 27, 2009 2:15 pm

Hi....

I got this brand new MacBook Pro two weeks ago and love it so much. I discovered Growl and used it however I'm somewhat confused how that works. The reason I want to use it is for my work that needs to be notificated while I work on this laptop. I know this Growl would make some sounds to alert the people but the problem is I couldn't hear that alert due to being deaf. I couldn't find the flashing notification at all, I assume it is not included. I would like to know if you're planning on implementing it into this Growl feature? That would be awesome. I'm still giving Growl another chance before I kill it because it never pops up on the screen anyway. Thanks.

InsaneMisha :smile:

boredzo
Cocoaforge Admin

Re: Hi, I'm new to this forum and also new to Growl

Postby boredzo » Mon Jul 27, 2009 3:33 pm

InsaneMisha wrote:I couldn't find the flashing notification at all, I assume it is not included.

It's part of Mac OS X. You'll need to turn it on in Universal Access.

I don't think that'll work forever, though—we need to change how we play sounds, and I'm not sure that we'll be able to keep the flash working for Growl sounds. I'd have to look into it. If we do get it working, you probably won't need to turn it on anymore.

I'm still giving Growl another chance before I kill it because it never pops up on the screen anyway.

That suggests that Growl is not running. Check the General tab of its preference pane.

Return to “Growl”