Logitech

The Growl forums have moved to Google Groups, this forum is read only.
sillyme429
Harmless

Logitech

Postby sillyme429 » Tue Mar 25, 2008 1:34 am

Hi

I've restarted, uninstalled and reinstalled Growl, uninstalled Logitech drivers; and I'm still getting no notifications.

Has anyone any suggestions? I'm on leopard.

wagtag
Harmless

Re: Logitech

Postby wagtag » Wed Mar 26, 2008 7:33 pm

I had the same issue. You can get Growl working again by removing Logitech's LCC Scroll Enhancer Loader folder from InputManagers in the Library. (/Library/InputManagers/LCC Scroll Enhancer Loader/). Reboot and Growl will be working again. Removing the folder didn't seem to have any effect with the Logitech control center. The scroll wheel works the same as it did before. (I'm using a MX Revolution)

sillyme429
Harmless

Postby sillyme429 » Thu Mar 27, 2008 1:12 am

I'm afraid I haven't got a Library/InputManagers. I've got a Library/iMovie and Internet Plugins, but I haven't any Input Managers folder. Nothing comes up under spotlight for it, or LCC Scroll Enhancer Loader.

The_Tick
Cocoaforge Admin

Postby The_Tick » Thu Mar 27, 2008 10:20 pm

Make sure you look in your hard drive, and not your home directory for Library.

He said /Library, which indicates the root of your hard drive. ~Library means your home directory.

sillyme429
Harmless

Postby sillyme429 » Sun Mar 30, 2008 6:17 pm

Ah. We have two libraries. Thankyou, I've been using a mac for less than six months, so I'm still early days... And it works, my first ever notification (as I was typing).

You guys are great, thankyou.

Edit: And I'll remember the difference between / and ~.

sillyme429
Harmless

Postby sillyme429 » Mon Mar 31, 2008 12:15 pm

Maybe Growl should tell you when you install it. Maybe even giving the option to delete by itself.

bgannin
Growl Team

Postby bgannin » Mon Mar 31, 2008 1:32 pm

Installer on 10.4 only allows installing to a defined location, on 10.5 you can choose your own install location (such as in ~) We have removal instructions on the website.
Try my software!

#define ADIUMX pimp //by me
#define QUESTION ((2b) || (!2b))
Have you hugged a programmer today?

Sleepydude
Harmless

Postby Sleepydude » Fri May 02, 2008 12:16 am

Thank you so much wagtag. :grin: I'm so happy to have my notifications back. I've had this problem for a little while. I'm gonna email Logitech about this. I don't know how you figured this out but I'm glad you did.

bgannin
Growl Team

Postby bgannin » Fri May 02, 2008 3:26 am

We've resolved this for the next release of Growl so that despite Logitech's bad behavior Growl will continue to work appropriately.
Try my software!

#define ADIUMX pimp //by me

#define QUESTION ((2b) || (!2b))

Have you hugged a programmer today?

theadamkramer
Harmless

Postby theadamkramer » Wed May 21, 2008 10:15 pm

bgannin wrote:We've resolved this for the next release of Growl so that despite Logitech's bad behavior Growl will continue to work appropriately.

do you have any idea when 1.1.3 will be released?

I was so excited to have growl back after many months, but i didn't realize logitech broke it and i installed my mouse software and it's broken again now :-(

blondago
Harmless

Postby blondago » Wed May 21, 2008 11:20 pm

hey everyone...i'm having the same problem over here. I lost all my growl notifications after i installed leopard a couple of months ago and it's driving me nuts. I have all up to date software. I searched for the LCC scroll enhancer loader folder, and the Input managers folder but i couldn't find it anywhere on my computer. So i just went through and deleted anything related to logitech and restarted.....still no growl. Then i tried running the LCC unistaller and restarted.....still no growl. The only logitech software i have left on here is the logitech camera control for my webcam. Does anyone have any ideas what i'm missing? I'd really appreciate any help

blondago
Harmless

Postby blondago » Wed May 21, 2008 11:36 pm

ok....i just installed growl 1.1.3 beta, which is suppost to eliminate the logitech problem all together.....but it still isn't working.........grrrrrroooooowwwwlllll

Return to “Growl”