Frequent connection/authentication errors in Prowl

An iPhone client for Growl available on the App Store.
dkabal
Harmless

Frequent connection/authentication errors in Prowl

Postby dkabal » Mon Feb 20, 2012 3:30 pm

I frequently get connection and authentication errors in Prowl when opening the Prowl application on iOS. Refreshing the messages often clears the error.

Cheers,
Dave

zac
Cocoaforge Admin

Re: Frequent connection/authentication errors in Prowl

Postby zac » Mon Feb 20, 2012 4:59 pm

Can you try restarting any routers you are behind? It's likely an SSL error, which I've only been able to reproduce when a router is misbehaving somewhere along the connection.

dkabal
Harmless

Postby dkabal » Mon Feb 20, 2012 5:45 pm

zac wrote:Can you try restarting any routers you are behind? It's likely an SSL error, which I've only been able to reproduce when a router is misbehaving somewhere along the connection.

Most of the errors occur on 3G (AT&T). I'm afraid rebooting those routers may be difficult. I'll report back specific errors here as they occur.

zac
Cocoaforge Admin

Postby zac » Mon Feb 20, 2012 6:45 pm

If you can send me the UDID of one of the devices you can reproduce it on (in iTunes, use the copy shortcut [⌘C on Mac]) I can send you a build with more debug logging.

dkabal
Harmless

Postby dkabal » Mon Feb 20, 2012 6:57 pm

zac wrote:If you can send me the UDID of one of the devices you can reproduce it on (in iTunes, use the copy shortcut [⌘C on Mac]) I can send you a build with more debug logging.

Done via PM.

dkabal
Harmless

Postby dkabal » Fri Feb 24, 2012 3:11 am

dkabal wrote:
zac wrote:Can you try restarting any routers you are behind? It's likely an SSL error, which I've only been able to reproduce when a router is misbehaving somewhere along the connection.

Most of the errors occur on 3G (AT&T). I'm afraid rebooting those routers may be difficult. I'll report back specific errors here as they occur.

Error Updating: The operation couldn't be completed
NSXMLParserErrorDomain error 5

Return to “Prowl”