Keychain Error

An iPhone client for Growl available on the App Store.
klausterfobic
Harmless

Keychain Error

Postby klausterfobic » Sun Aug 08, 2010 8:48 pm

So I have been using Prowl for quite sometime, and I must say that it is quite handy! however, I recently upgraded from OSX 10.5 to 10.6, and now when I try to set up Prowl in Growl I get this error

Code: Select all

Error code: -67061. Please try running Keychain First Aid.
every time I press a letter for the password. I checked the read/write permissions for USER/Library/Keychains/login.keychain (which is a non admin)and I do have permission for both. I also ran the verify/repair disc permissions under disc utility as well, and I'm never seeing anything getting better. Ive googled and found nothing other than those two solutions, so here I am asking the community if any one knows what the problem may be, or if any one has had a similar issue that they managed to resolve?

zac
Cocoaforge Admin

Re: Keychain Error

Postby zac » Mon Aug 09, 2010 1:33 am

Try moving the keychain, and seeing if a new (fresh) one works. It's possible it's silently broken because of the upgrade. If it doesn't work, rename it back (and let me know). If it does work, you might want to export/import all the passwords.

klausterfobic
Harmless

Postby klausterfobic » Mon Aug 09, 2010 6:36 am

I moved the current login.keychain to the desktop, opened up the keychain assistant, and hit the creat new keychain, to which it made one defaulted to the username.keychain instead of the login.keychain which existed prior. I tried to verify my password again, but each time i typed a character I still got the -67061 error to run keychain first aid. Also when I tried running FA on the new file It ran and I recieved this error

Code: Select all

Keychain search list not properly configured
But have no idea what that means. I'm rather stumped.

zac
Cocoaforge Admin

Postby zac » Mon Aug 09, 2010 11:07 am

If you move it, then log in/log out, it'll recreate the keychain as it's expecting it. Move it back and repeat the log in/log out routine to go back.

klausterfobic
Harmless

Postby klausterfobic » Tue Aug 10, 2010 12:41 am

OK, I tried that and still error 67061 with each key press.

zac
Cocoaforge Admin

Postby zac » Tue Aug 10, 2010 3:24 am

Okay, that's something like "code or signature modified"—can you re-download Prowl from the website? http://prowl.weks.net As well as Growl http://growl.info It sounds like either of them isn't properly signed (Growl, in this case, since GrowlHelperApp is the one that does the keychain accesses in the end)

klausterfobic
Harmless

Postby klausterfobic » Tue Aug 10, 2010 6:46 am

I redownloaded both. I used the uninstall Growl first, then reinstalled Growl, then I installed Prowl, it asked to overwrite the current plugin, and I hit yes. directed me to set it up, and still error 67061.

*Edit* I also keep running keychain FA when I get the errors, and it doesnt find any errors anymore in the login.keychain file.

zac
Cocoaforge Admin

Postby zac » Tue Aug 10, 2010 11:08 am

Hm.. stumped.

Anything in /Applications/Utilities/Console.app?

klausterfobic
Harmless

Postby klausterfobic » Wed Aug 11, 2010 1:19 am

GrowlHelperApp[245] - not prowling:missing either password or username
GrowlHelperApp[620] - not prowling:missing either password or username

Return to “Prowl”