launch gv mobile

An iPhone client for Growl available on the App Store.
nebulousman
Harmless

launch gv mobile

Postby nebulousman » Thu Apr 08, 2010 1:18 pm

I have a jailbroken iphone 3G running gv mobile + and the latest version of prowl. I would like to use gv mobile for SMS so I can stop paying ATT the monthly sms fee.

I followed various instructions on how to set this up and I got this far:
when a text is sent to my gv mobile number I do get a prowl notification. When I select the message prowl launches gmail on my phone instead of gv mobile+. I'm set up to use gmail instead of the apple mail. I also have GVMobile(SMS) and GVMobile(Voicemail) selected in my Redirections list in prowl settings.

I feel like I'm half way there because I do get the immediate notification of the text message but I'm obviously missing something - I don't know how to get prowl to launch gv mobile +. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks

zac
Cocoaforge Admin

Re: launch gv mobile

Postby zac » Sat Apr 10, 2010 2:18 am

Sounds like you played with other Info.plist files. Can you post all of them?

nebulousman
Harmless

Re: launch gv mobile

Postby nebulousman » Mon Apr 12, 2010 8:13 pm

I edited one Info.plist file – the one in the gv mobile app folder and I added URL types and URL identifier with value "com.seankovacs.GVmobile2”. Then I added URL Scheme “gvmobile”. I followed these instructions

http://www.mattisz.com/hacks/gv-mobile-prowl-push-mod

they’re probably outdated but I couldn’t find any step by step instructions (plus these are mac specific which is what I have). I’m a novice when it comes to this sort of thing. I jailbroke my phone a few months ago and I like gv mobile but without push its not as useful.

Thanks
Dar

Return to “Prowl”