iPhone Push Stopped Working

An iPhone client for Growl available on the App Store.
MrKarst
Harmless

iPhone Push Stopped Working

Postby MrKarst » Fri Feb 19, 2010 2:06 pm

I purchased the Prowl iPhone app a few days ago and installed Prowl on my Macbook. To begin with, I set up just one type of notification just to test things out and it worked brilliantly for about two days. Then suddenly I stopped getting push notifications on my iPhone. I read the FAQs on Prowl's site and followed the suggestions (restarted phone, switched wifi off and on) and also confirmed that the notifications are getting to Prowl (the badge on the iPhone app icon updates almost immediately and all notifications show up there), so it looks like it's just a push problem. When I restart the phone, I generally get one notification to work, then it stops again.

I know that Apple makes no guarantee about timeliness of push, but this feels like something more buggy. Any suggestions will be most appreciated!

P.S. I also reinstalled Prowl on my Macbook, which I didn't expect to have an effect and didn't.

zac
Cocoaforge Admin

Re: iPhone Push Stopped Working

Postby zac » Sat Feb 20, 2010 12:37 am

If the badge is updating, the push notifications are being received; what are your quiet hours set to? (During quiet hours, only the badge count is updated)

cadoo
Harmless

Postby cadoo » Sat Feb 20, 2010 2:20 am

I'm having some trouble with Push as well. I use Voice Growl with Prowl and I'm not getting badge updates or push notifications on Prowl, although if I go in to the Prowl app, I can read the messages.

Is there some underlying problem right now?

MrKarst
Harmless

Postby MrKarst » Sat Feb 20, 2010 2:32 pm

I do have quiet hours enabled and that was the first thing I checked.

Since my original post, things seem to have worked themselves out and I am getting push notifications as expected. Fingers crossed that it was just a hiccup and all will be well now. Thanks!

Return to “Prowl”