Twitter Notifications for a Specific List

An iPhone client for Growl available on the App Store.
kevinebaugh
Harmless

Twitter Notifications for a Specific List

Postby kevinebaugh » Sat Jan 23, 2010 6:38 pm

Hey everybody-

From poking around, I don't think anyone has been talking about this specifically, but sorry if this is a duplicate of another post!

I'm trying to get push notifications from only a specific list. Using Lists2RSS I can get the RSS feed, so that's step one.

But, what I really need help with is figuring out how to turn that RSS feed into push notifications using Prowl. Thoughts? Thanks for any help!

VxJasonxV
Harmless

Re: Twitter Notifications for a Specific List

Postby VxJasonxV » Mon Jan 25, 2010 2:20 pm

I don't really have specific details as to your implementation, but I have a theory that PubSubHubbub could be something you could get an "event" from, in order to have a moment in which you could trap and generate a push notification.

This would require a persistent server to run and listen, but I'm sure you can figure something out.

Steve
Harmless

Re: Twitter Notifications for a Specific List

Postby Steve » Sat Feb 13, 2010 10:33 pm

Check out AutoNote....it's a webservice (that I authored) that will allow you to set up a Twitter alert for almost any type of search (among other types of notifications).

It doesn't handle twitter lists yet, but you can work around that by setting up a notification based on the RSS feed of the list.

AutoNote at uSubscription.com.
Check out AutoNote, a web service that pushes information scraped from the tubes to your iPhone through Prowl. Free and easy!

Return to “Prowl”