Own sounds and more priority?

An iPhone client for Growl available on the App Store.
tonlof
Harmless

Own sounds and more priority?

Postby tonlof » Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:37 pm

Hi, is there any possible to increase more priority levels? I have replace the orginal soundfiles with own caf soundfiles but i would like to have more then 5 priority levels.
I have tried to find any xml config file without success. Or is there any other way to play different soundfiles on iphone on remote command? Other app?

The reason is I want the iphone to speak different events like, doorbell is ringing, maindoor closed, maindoor open and alot of other triggers.

Thanks for any help.

zac
Cocoaforge Admin

Re: Own sounds and more priority?

Postby zac » Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:52 pm

The priority levels are a Growl offshoot, it only defines the ones Prowl supports, so adding additional ones might be confusing. Sounds per event or application are an idea for the future I would like to explore, but I do not anticipate it will be in the next release.

yzf600
Harmless

Postby yzf600 » Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:29 am

A nice feature would be to add a priority level option to the quite hours. This way emergencies would sound off 24 hours a day, but other lower priority items would not. I'm using prowl for severe weather alerts with warnings coming in a emergencies and watches coming in as high. I'd like watches to sound off during non-quiet hours and emergencies to sound off 24 hours a day.

BTW - I'll agree this is the best $3 I spent on my iphone.

Thanks.

zac
Cocoaforge Admin

Postby zac » Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:54 am

The "allow emergencies" quiet hours preference will allow emergencies to bypass quiet hours.

yzf600
Harmless

Postby yzf600 » Thu Jan 28, 2010 2:03 am

Oh yea, I see that now. I guess I didn't make the connection @ first since the other items contained the word quiet, and that one didn't. Thanks for the clarification.

Return to “Prowl”