Changing notification name:

An iPhone client for Growl available on the App Store.
zank
Harmless

Changing notification name:

Postby zank » Wed Jan 13, 2010 7:55 pm

Is there any way to chance the name of notification's when received on iphone through prowl. would this be a prowl question or growl or the plugin itself? for example, if i receive email form "OWA tray monitor" the notification shows up as "OWA Tray monitor - New Mail from..." or gmail plugin shows up as "gmail growl - notification...".
What im mainly using prowl/growl is to send me push notifications of my various email addresses. is it possible to simply show these as labels eg: i use OTA tray monitor for company email address lets call it abc - "ABC - Email from" , or "ABC - From: ....". For gmail instead of showing "Gmail notification - Message from:..." for it to just say "Gmail: From...", etc.

I think that would really be great to clean up the interface and standardize notifications. i'd appreciate if you could direct me to the right place, plugins, growl, prowl..."

Thanks

zac
Cocoaforge Admin

Re: Changing notification name:

Postby zac » Wed Jan 13, 2010 7:56 pm

The application generating the events is what picks the notification names, not Growl nor Prowl.

zank
Harmless

Postby zank » Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:00 pm

by application do you mean the specific plugin? i.e. for the Outlook plugin I see "Outlook - mesage from" - is outlook picking this or the outlook plugin? for gmail, is the gmail plugin geenrating this or gmail itself? sorry i just started using this yesterday and am a novice so not sure.
Thanks

zac
Cocoaforge Admin

Postby zac » Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:08 pm

Yes, the plugin that is generating the notifications picks the text that is displayed.

Return to “Prowl”