Reading Prowl Log via browser?

An iPhone client for Growl available on the App Store.
glomph
Harmless

Reading Prowl Log via browser?

Postby glomph » Mon Jan 04, 2010 9:35 am

Have been successfully using Prowl with various notification bots. Email, IRC, Google Voice, others.
Works really well, no problems to speak of.

One feature of the iPhone client is reading the back log of notifications, which it is clearly pulling off the notification service.

Is there some way that this viewing function can be accomplished from a web browser? (deleting ability would be nice, but not essential).

(or alternatively, an API that would allow a web-server backend to pull the back log off the notification service, just as the Prowl app does)

VRGhost
Harmless

Re: Reading Prowl Log via browser?

Postby VRGhost » Mon May 17, 2010 11:36 am

I would like that as well.

I have several independent computers sending Prowl messages, and I would like to write a script that Growls all new messages on the each of given computers.

tofumatt
Harmless

Re: Reading Prowl Log via browser?

Postby tofumatt » Mon May 17, 2010 7:19 pm

Exposing that feature over the public HTTP API seems like a bad idea, as that user's entire history (or however much is stored -- I think it's ten days worth) would be available to whatever app you gave your key to. People get (presumably, somewhat private) IMs, download notifications, email, and Twitter direct message notifications over Prowl. Seems like trusting a lot to a service provider, I think.

The ability to look at the backlogs on the website might be interesting, but I don't get why, as they're already in the app, and you can even delete them from the app if you like.

Return to “Prowl”