Launchable Application List Requests

An iPhone client for Growl available on the App Store.
Jabroni
Harmless

Re: Launchable Application List Requests

Postby Jabroni » Mon Aug 17, 2009 2:51 am

I would like to vote for SIAX :)

For now im gonna build a perl script for asterisk so we can get push notificacions on incoming calls.. now if we can just get prowl to autolaunch siax so we can pick up the call.. that would be GREAT (so we wont require to be running it with backgrounder)

outlet
Harmless

Postby outlet » Mon Aug 17, 2009 6:48 am

GMate Mail
CalenGoo
WootWatch

Tscherno
Harmless

Postby Tscherno » Mon Aug 17, 2009 1:54 pm

Please add "IM+" for Instant Messaging.

zac
Cocoaforge Admin

Postby zac » Mon Aug 17, 2009 6:32 pm

What is SIAX? I don't see information for it.

Updated the rest of the requested apps (none have URL schemes).

joule
Harmless

Postby joule » Mon Aug 17, 2009 10:30 pm

Jabroni wrote:I would like to vote for SIAX :)

For now im gonna build a perl script for asterisk so we can get push notificacions on incoming calls.. now if we can just get prowl to autolaunch siax so we can pick up the call.. that would be GREAT (so we wont require to be running it with backgrounder)

I wrote a script to send me notifications from asterisk, you can find it in this forum. I need to check siax, didn't know there was a decent voip client on the phone.

Jabroni
Harmless

Postby Jabroni » Tue Aug 18, 2009 12:32 am

zac wrote:What is SIAX? I don't see information for it.

Updated the rest of the requested apps (none have URL schemes).

SIAX is a VoIP app... the beauty of it is that is has support for IAX, which is the navite protocol of Asterisk. Difference between SIP and IAX.. IAX just uses one port, and doesnt have the NAT hell there is with SIP. The idea of sending a notificacion is that I could place the call on hold as soon as my Asterisk answers, and if I can make on my iphone run it as soon as possible to be able to pickup that call...

The product url is http://www.siax.org

xiechaos
Harmless

Postby xiechaos » Wed Aug 19, 2009 12:58 am

Redirect to Safari with custom URL will be great!

spicermatt
Harmless

Postby spicermatt » Thu Aug 20, 2009 3:24 am

AppGmail if at all possible. Please.

necrosis
Harmless

Postby necrosis » Thu Aug 20, 2009 5:35 am

Deliveries

Currently the only thing I use Prowl for.

shauber
Harmless

Postby shauber » Thu Aug 20, 2009 6:37 pm

Since it looks like Prowl updates it's launchable list from the server already, would it be possible to allow users to add their own URLs on the settings page on the website? Might take the load off of the dev(s?) a little.

zac
Cocoaforge Admin

Postby zac » Thu Aug 20, 2009 6:55 pm

That's a decent idea, but something that will have to come in a future version; right now the list is pulled without credentials.

tamaracks
Harmless

Postby tamaracks » Thu Aug 20, 2009 11:53 pm

I'd like to see Deliveries/Delivery Status Touch. I'm not sure if it has a url handler though.

rooneybuk
Harmless

Postby rooneybuk » Fri Aug 21, 2009 10:00 am

Can we launch the home screen so in affect no redirect?

dbm0415
Harmless

Postby dbm0415 » Fri Aug 21, 2009 5:16 pm

Definitely putting in a vote for Mobile Safari, if possible.

knerr
Harmless

Postby knerr » Fri Aug 21, 2009 5:23 pm

joule wrote:
kjconrad wrote:I see that GV Mobile is in your list of not having a URL Scheme but is adding one. Does adding a URL scheme require an update to the app? Because GV Mobile was pulled for the App Store by Apple I'd have to jailbreak to download an update for that app, and isn't there problems with Prowl and jailbroken phones?

Prowl works just fine with jailbroken phones if you activate it legally via iTunes. The problem is only with hacktivated ones. If you can use prowl on your phone, you can use it on your jailbroken phone. Having said that, I prefer not jailbreaking if possible and using the web interface for gv. Zac will be looking into adding custom url schemes on 1.2, if it is possible, and he does, you can use the web interface instead of the app.

I think what he means is, he has the version that was released on the app store, but since it's been pulled, he has no way to update it besides jailbreaking. So, will forwarding work with the original version of GV Mobile, or will an update to it be required for it to work?

I jailbroke my phone recently, primarily to get GV Mobile, as I had downloaded the free version but hadn't made it back to buy the app. I couldn't be happier. It opens up a whole new world. It seems like anytime I find something annoying about how the iphone functions, I do a search and find there is a solution.

natebuchar
Harmless

Postby natebuchar » Sat Aug 22, 2009 4:45 pm

AIM!

Code: Select all

aim:goim?screenname=YOURSCREENNAME&message=YOURMESSAGE
This will open a new chat with YOURSCREENNAME with a message of YOURMESSAGE already entered.

Or just

Code: Select all

aim:goim?
will bring you to the AIM app. I've tried these on the iPhone and they do work.

(Not even sure what a URL scheme is, but I'm pretty sure this is right)

zac
Cocoaforge Admin

Postby zac » Sat Aug 22, 2009 7:27 pm

Updated.

kjconrad
Muffin

Postby kjconrad » Sat Aug 22, 2009 8:29 pm

knerr wrote:
joule wrote:
kjconrad wrote:I see that GV Mobile is in your list of not having a URL Scheme but is adding one. Does adding a URL scheme require an update to the app? Because GV Mobile was pulled for the App Store by Apple I'd have to jailbreak to download an update for that app, and isn't there problems with Prowl and jailbroken phones?

Prowl works just fine with jailbroken phones if you activate it legally via iTunes. The problem is only with hacktivated ones. If you can use prowl on your phone, you can use it on your jailbroken phone. Having said that, I prefer not jailbreaking if possible and using the web interface for gv. Zac will be looking into adding custom url schemes on 1.2, if it is possible, and he does, you can use the web interface instead of the app.

I think what he means is, he has the version that was released on the app store, but since it's been pulled, he has no way to update it besides jailbreaking. So, will forwarding work with the original version of GV Mobile, or will an update to it be required for it to work?

I jailbroke my phone recently, primarily to get GV Mobile, as I had downloaded the free version but hadn't made it back to buy the app. I couldn't be happier. It opens up a whole new world. It seems like anytime I find something annoying about how the iphone functions, I do a search and find there is a solution.

Yes, that is what I was trying to ask! :)

natebuchar
Harmless

Postby natebuchar » Sun Aug 23, 2009 4:58 pm

I really don't know if this helps at all… but it may be useful…

http://wiki.akosma.com/IPhone_URL_Schemes

tsuehpsyde
Harmless

Postby tsuehpsyde » Sun Aug 23, 2009 8:12 pm

Another vote for GV Mobile. I know it's on the adding list, but the sooner the better. :)

Return to “Prowl”