Notifications *really* slow today?

An iPhone client for Growl available on the App Store.
parlar
Harmless

Notifications *really* slow today?

Postby parlar » Fri Jul 17, 2009 8:24 pm

Prowl notifications typically take about 3 seconds to land on my phone. Today though, they're taking much longer, sometimes over a minute. Anyone else seeing this, or is it just me? I just did a test from the Prowl website, using 'add a notification", and it took over a minute.

zac
Cocoaforge Admin

Re: Notifications *really* slow today?

Postby zac » Fri Jul 17, 2009 9:35 pm

I'm seeing them without a few seconds, so that's kind of strange. It could be delay on Apple's end.

briandunnington
Muffin

Postby briandunnington » Sat Jul 18, 2009 2:39 am

parlar wrote:Anyone else seeing this, or is it just me?

i am not getting an notifications at all now - they show up on the Prowl site and in the iPhone app, but i never get the alerts. i kept waiting, hoping they were just getting slower and slower, but it has been about 20 minutes and none of the 10 notifications have made it yet. (and yes, my device is still registered and notifications are turned on on the iphone, etc - i havent changed any settings on the the device for several days but i did just double check them all to be sure).

since nobody else is posting, i will have to assume it is specific to my device. guess i will try a hard reset and see if that works.

butter71
Harmless

Postby butter71 » Sat Jul 18, 2009 2:52 am

briandunnington wrote:since nobody else is posting, i will have to assume it is specific to my device.

me too.

no alerts.. but new things show up in the app when launched.

butter71
Harmless

Postby butter71 » Sat Jul 18, 2009 2:54 am

...and two seconds after i post this, the alerts start showing up instantaneously again.

zac
Cocoaforge Admin

Postby zac » Sat Jul 18, 2009 2:56 am

Sorry, I had some scaling issues tonight. I think things should be okay. I am going to be adding another server this weekend to help balance the load.

briandunnington
Muffin

Postby briandunnington » Sat Jul 18, 2009 4:37 am

zac wrote:Sorry, I had some scaling issues tonight. I think things should be okay. I am going to be adding another server this weekend to help balance the load.

no worries - thanks for the quick response. all seems right with the world again.

Return to “Prowl”