Prowl missing from "Display Options"

An iPhone client for Growl available on the App Store.
SCHMEGGA
Harmless

Prowl missing from "Display Options"

Postby SCHMEGGA » Tue Jul 07, 2009 8:28 pm

MacBook Pro 15" (Late 2008 Unibody 2.8 Intel Core 2 Duo) running latest build of Mac OSX 10.5.7.

I have installed, reinstalled, installed, reinstalled, restarted, installed, etc.... and so on and so on for the last 2 hours with Growl. This includes v 1.1.5 as well as 1.1.6b3. I can not for the life of me figure out why Prowl is not showing up in the Growl "display options" tab. I have tried it with the program opening at startup and with it not. Here are a couple of screen shots from 1.1.6b3 (although it is exactly the same in 1.1.5) of what the "display options" tab looks like after all the attempts. I'm sure I am prolly missing something super simple but indulge me please. LOL. Any help is greatly appreciated. Here are the screen shots.

zac
Cocoaforge Admin

Re: Prowl missing from "Display Options"

Postby zac » Tue Jul 07, 2009 8:57 pm

Moving this over to the Prowl forums.

Did you install the Prowl style from http://prowl.weks.net/installation.php?

capz
Harmless

Postby capz » Fri Nov 27, 2009 7:34 am

I've also had this problem ever since I upgraded to 10.6 on both my iMac and unibody MBP. Installed the thing from the prowl installation webpage, not showing up at all. My 10.6 was a clean install on both machines, by the way. Running growl 1.2 and currently 10.6.2

brett.a.rogers
Harmless

Postby brett.a.rogers » Sun Dec 06, 2009 9:06 pm

I had the same issue and fixed it by
- opening ~/Library/Application Support/Growl/Plugins and deleting Prowl.growlView
(there were actually two, one with an additional 1 tacked on to the end)
- then reinstalling the Prowl plugin

HTH,
brett

KabTak47
Harmless

Postby KabTak47 » Wed Feb 18, 2015 9:54 am

I've added in generic rss feeds to the notification types. Since Prowl doesn't render html code, the notification only includes the title of each feed item, but the notification includes a shortened (by bit.ly) link to the original article.

Since most content heavy rss feeds are written with html, this notification is a bit limited. I'll continue to think about how to include the text in rss items, but it would be great if Prowl handled the html rendering (if that is possible in the push api).
KabTak

Return to “Prowl”