Can Somebody Explain to Me what Perian is Used For?

The Perian forums have moved to Google Groups, this forum is read only.
Kooler
Harmless

Can Somebody Explain to Me what Perian is Used For?

Postby Kooler » Sun Apr 24, 2011 9:13 am

Hello-
I was trying to view a movie I downloaded from Movie Maker. There was nothing but trouble on my MacBook Pro. I was hoping it would go as easy as the iTuns movie rentals go but it was a mess. I have QuickTime 10.0 and a lower version of QuickTim Player, not knowing what each one is responsible for. I know I sound retarded when it comes to this stuff like this, but I thought since the support told me to install Perian to view the movie, I did and I realized the next day there was an update. The update net OK, but it said something about a new folder would be installed too. I never saw the new folder, downloaded the Movie Maker movie but still out of all the programs I have that are supposed to play movies, still no movie plain. I am not even sure where I am supposed to be looking for the movie to ply.

If there is anybody out there who has a little empathy for novices who do not get this confusing topic of just wanting to play a rented movie, please stand up and help me.

thanks. which I could explain more but as far as the new folder it said it would install, I have no idea what they meant. I would just like to watch the movies. Certainly in this day and age it still can't be this difficult.

gbooker
Cocoaforge Admin

Re: Can Somebody Explain to Me what Perian is Used For?

Postby gbooker » Sun Apr 24, 2011 2:18 pm

Don't create a new thread on the same topic; reply in the previous.

Return to “Perian”