3.5.4 : FeedHQ sync fails and Vienna crashes

An RSS/Atom newsreader with features comparable to commercial newsreaders.
garbanzito
Harmless

3.5.4 : FeedHQ sync fails and Vienna crashes

Postby garbanzito » Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:07 am

i have an active (confirmed) subscription with FeedHQ; synced feeds were updating normally on an hourly basis until i applied the 3.5.4 update and relaunched Vienna; upon relaunch i got the message:

Open Reader Authentication Failed

Make sure the username and password needed to access the Open Reader server are correctly set in Vienna's preferences.
Also check your network access.

checking the Activity Window showed the following for each of 200+ feeds synced with FeedHQ:

Connecting to Open Reader server to retrieve (null)
HTTP code 403 reported from server
Error forbidden
Error forbidden

i went to Preferences > Syncing and noticed the Password field was blank but everything else was correct; i reentered my FeedHQ password, closed the Preferences window and selected File > Refresh All Subscriptions; got the same Open Reader Authentication Failed error

i quit and relaunched Vienna, it attempted to refresh feeds and got the same Open Reader Authentication Failed error

i opened Preferences > Syncing and observed bullets obscuring my FeedHQ password, as opposed to the previously observed blank field; i closed Preferences and chose File > Refresh All Subscriptions; got a crash report with the following message (full report available on request):

Application Specific Information:
*** Terminating app due to uncaught exception 'NSInternalInconsistencyException', reason: 'Cannot update for observer <NSAutounbinderObservance 0x60400023aae0> for the key path "activityLog.allItems" from <ActivityPanelController 0x6040002c43d0>, most likely because the value for the key "activityLog" has changed without an appropriate KVO notification being sent. Check the KVO-compliance of the ActivityPanelController class.'
abort() called
terminating with uncaught exception of type NSException

in the Crash Reporter dialog i chose Reopen and this time when Vienna relaunched, all the FeedHQ feeds successfully refreshed; i have not relaunched Vienna or had another scheduled refresh yet, but so far, so good

(i'm running MacOS 10.13.5)

Return to “Vienna”