Vienna 3.5.1 - blue line top right panel

An RSS/Atom newsreader with features comparable to commercial newsreaders.
maccy
Harmless

Vienna 3.5.1 - blue line top right panel

Postby maccy » Mon Dec 03, 2018 11:30 pm

When moving from one feed to the next, by pressing "B", a thick blue line appears in the top right panel which lists all the articles for the feed.

Perhaps this bug could be fixed.

Running up-to-date macOS High Sierra.

See Quicktime video.

maccy
Harmless

Re: Vienna 3.5.1 - blue line top right panel

Postby maccy » Mon Dec 03, 2018 11:33 pm

Video didn't make it into post. I'll try again.

[ Play Quicktime file ] Blue line in Vienna.mov [ 3.08 MiB | Viewed 658 times ]

Aargl
Harmless

Re: Vienna 3.5.3 - blue line top right panel

Postby Aargl » Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:52 am

It looks like an old issue — and I bet the team doesn't care too much to fix it... :sad:
In v3.4.2, it was a spinning gear, so it was not noticeable and could even be considered an indicator for "updating list".
Since v3.5.x, it became a horizontal line (in 10.9.5 it looked like a scroll bar but now that I switched to 10.11, it's a blue line).
The position of the blue line is varying across versions — or perhaps depends on other factors such as display size: I had it under the ninth article in the list, now I have it after the fourteenth article.
Except for that small issue, I like Vienna! :grin:

maccy
Harmless

Re: Vienna 3.5.3 - blue line top right panel

Postby maccy » Mon Jan 14, 2019 2:08 pm

Aargl wrote:It looks like an old issue —
Except for that small issue, I like Vienna! :grin:

Yes, I agree. Now on 10.14.2 Mojave, I have noted that the blue horizontal line depends on the accent colour chosen in System Prefs. I had changed my accent colour from Blue to Purple, then Pink, then back to Blue and each time the horizontal line changed to the corresponding accent colour. Doesn't matter much to me whether this is fixed or not, just something I noticed. Thanks for the reply. And yes I like Vienna. Have tried other readers but Vienna seems the most straight forward, for my tastes.

Return to “Vienna”