3.5.0 update kills feeds, duplicates Open Reader feeds

An RSS/Atom newsreader with features comparable to commercial newsreaders.
garbanzito
Harmless

3.5.0 update kills feeds, duplicates Open Reader feeds

Postby garbanzito » Wed Oct 24, 2018 12:47 am

i use FeedHQ as an Open Reader host to which most of my feeds are synced; i have 224 feeds and only 7 of them are not synced to Open Reader

after updating to Vienna 3.50 i saw that none of my feeds were updating; in an attempt to cure this, i used File > Sync Feeds with Open Reader and since then have noted the following major problems:

1. all Open Reader feeds duplicate every time i launch Vienna; immediately after launch the display looks normal (previous feed is selected), then as launch completes the display jumps to the last feed; after feeds finish updating, every Open Reader feed has been duplicated — each folder first shows one copy of the feeds with yellow triangles indicating update failure, but showing the older items that had been downloaded for that feed, including correct read/unread status; using Get Info on these feeds shows an empty feed URL; below this set of failing feeds is another set of the same feeds which do update correctly and which do have feed URLs; if i quit and relaunch Vienna i get another set of non-functioning duplicates (triplicates, quadruplicates, etc.); deleting the duplicates and relaunching doesn’t cure the problem, the feeds re-duplicate on each launch

2. the 7 feeds i have that aren’t synced through Open Reader have empty feed URLs and do not update; however they do not duplicate on relaunch the way the Open Reader feeds do

i am using macOS 10.13.5; all the feeds look normal (no duplicates) when i log into FeedHQ

barijaona
Vienna Team

Re: 3.5.0 update kills feeds, duplicates Open Reader feeds

Postby barijaona » Thu Nov 01, 2018 4:08 am

Thanks for the info. Will be fixed in 3.5.1
Meanwhile, I suggest you go back to the previous version.
I contribute to Vienna RSS as a developer.
Please, don't forget those tips for writing a good bug report

garbanzito
Harmless

Re: 3.5.0 update kills feeds, duplicates Open Reader feeds

Postby garbanzito » Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:28 pm

thanks — unless there are other problems i will simply avoid relaunching until that version comes out; used to only be a week or so before Vienna would stop updating feeds but latest versions seem to remain stable for much longer

Return to “Vienna”