Video plays from deleted tab

An RSS/Atom newsreader with features comparable to commercial newsreaders.
hbowman
Harmless

Video plays from deleted tab

Postby hbowman » Wed Aug 01, 2018 5:18 am

I've had this happen several times, so I'm sure it's a bug. I've tried to duplicate it manually, but as yet have not been successful.

Some blog posting that comes up in Vienna has a link to a YouTube video. I click on it and watch the video. At the end of the video, YouTube shows me a countdown clock with an "up next" promotion. I close the tab to leave YouTube and go back to the blog. A few seconds later, I am treated to the sound track of the follow-on video, from the deleted tab, and the only way to get it to stop is to quit Vienna.

hbowman
Harmless

Re: Video plays from deleted tab

Postby hbowman » Sun Aug 12, 2018 9:57 pm

OK, I can duplicate it on demand.

The feed URL is http://feeds.feedburner.com/TheWarOnGuns

The article page is http://waronguns.blogspot.com/2018/08/d ... on+Guns%29

Click on the link "Dish of the day." Let the brief video play out to the end, until you see the "Up Next" spinner. Then click on the X in the tab to close it.

Now wait for a few seconds, and you will be treated to a phantom soundtrack of the next video, even though there is no tab associated with it.

dirt farmer
Latté

Postby dirt farmer » Tue Aug 21, 2018 12:15 am

I can verify this. Very annoying! Happens to me all the time on the CBS Sports feed.

mrboma
Harmless

Postby mrboma » Tue Oct 09, 2018 6:20 pm

I am having the same issue. And it isn't just with YouTube videos. The audio from any video source seems to continue playing even after the tab has been closed.

Vienna version: 3.4.2 :7bc20f57: (6905)
Mac OSX 10.13.6 (17G65)
MacBook Pro 13-inch; 2016; 3.1 GHz Intel Core i5; 16 GB; Intel Iris Graphics 550

hbowman
Harmless

Postby hbowman » Thu Oct 11, 2018 1:31 am

So does this posting qualify as "reporting the bug," or is there somewhere else I need to file it to make it an action item? I'm asking because by now I would have expected to see at least an acknowledgment of the problem from the management, but I've seen nothing here but "me too" reports.

barijaona
Vienna Team

Postby barijaona » Wed Oct 17, 2018 1:20 am

Fixed in 3.5.0
I contribute to Vienna RSS as a developer.
Please, don't forget those tips for writing a good bug report

Return to “Vienna”