bug in smart folder creation

An RSS/Atom newsreader with features comparable to commercial newsreaders.
dkbarto
Harmless

bug in smart folder creation

Postby dkbarto » Sat Mar 24, 2018 10:04 pm

When I go to create a smart folder in 3.2.1 it shows me the first line just fine. When I click the + it gives me a blank line, when I click + again, it retains the blank line and now adds a new selection line.
Screen Shot 2018-03-24 at 3.03.25 PM.png

Any reason for this?

boilerdevil
Harmless

Re: bug in smart folder creation

Postby boilerdevil » Tue May 29, 2018 11:45 am

I am having the same issue. There is also a Smart Folder that I had previous created (which seemed to be running properly) that now displays nonsense when I try to 'Edit' it:

Untitled.jpeg

Despite this, the folder 'seems' to be working properly (though, it's really difficult to tell since I can't even see what I had entered for the conditions, which were various terms to be searched for in the text of the articles from my various feeds).

Help, please!!! The Smart Folder feature is THE most important feature of Vienna for me, so without it working I get virtually no use from the program.

Thanks.

boilerdevil
Harmless

Postby boilerdevil » Tue May 29, 2018 11:53 am

UPDATE: I reverted to Vienna version 3.1.11 and everything is working fine with the Smart Folders now (including their creation and editing). Clearly this is a bug with version 3.2.0 and 3.3 . . . hopefully it will get fixed soon!

steven.noyce
Harmless

Postby steven.noyce » Tue Jul 03, 2018 5:36 pm

I have noticed this smart folder bug as well. I think it is just a display error, but it is very unnerving. I think that the entries that disappear are still saved, but even if I close the edit window and chose to edit the smart folder again I still cannot always see the missing entries, so it makes it nearly impossible to edit smart folder criteria.

Where are the smart folder criteria saved? Is there a way I can double check if the saved version is correct?

Return to “Vienna”