Deleting articles marks them as read

An RSS/Atom newsreader with features comparable to commercial newsreaders.
CanadianMacFan
Harmless

Deleting articles marks them as read

Postby CanadianMacFan » Sun May 29, 2016 7:50 pm

Hi,

I have some subscriptions that I store in folders that are closed (not showing which subscriptions they contain). When I click on the folder the list of articles for all of the subscriptions in that folder appears. I have the articles sorted by date in descending order. When I delete articles from the list they disappear but if I move to another subscription and come back to the fold the articles that I had deleted are present, just marked read. I then delete the articles again and they stay deleted. I have two folders that I keep closed for space reasons and the problem happens with both of them. If I delete an article from a single subscription this problem does not happen.

I'm running on Mac OS X 10.11.4 with Vienna Version 3.1.4 :6ea6f87:. I know that this is a recent bug. Most likely with the latest release but I haven't gone back to test with version 3.1.3.

One thing to note is that I've gotten behind in my subscriptions and while I don't think it's the cause of the problem I did want to make you aware in case you had problems re-creating the issue. I have almost 200k unread articles in my database which does make the application very slow at times. I can't just unsubscribe and re-subscribe to clear out the back log as there are articles in the past that I'd like to keep reference to.

Thanks for your help,
Reid.

barijaona
Vienna Team

Re: Deleting articles marks them as read

Postby barijaona » Mon May 30, 2016 8:53 pm

This is essentially the same problem as viewtopic.php?t=26845&p=139466

I have work in progress and hopes to publish soon a test build.
I contribute to Vienna RSS as a developer.
Please, don't forget those tips for writing a good bug report

CanadianMacFan
Harmless

Re: Deleting articles marks them as read

Postby CanadianMacFan » Mon May 30, 2016 9:44 pm

Sorry if it's a duplicate. I read the initial post and it didn't seem similar but now that I have read the replies I can see the similarities. The problem doesn't occur when the application quits though. You can just leave the folder and come back to it. I leave the application open and my computer on all of the time for weeks at a time. So the explanation about the emptying of the trash isn't correct if this is the same problem as the empty trash problem doesn't get invoked in my workflow yet I still experience the bug.

Thanks,
Reid.

Return to “Vienna”