Vienna 2.5 BETA released

An RSS/Atom newsreader with features comparable to commercial newsreaders.
Michael Ströck
Vienna Team

Re: Vienna 2.5 BETA released

Postby Michael Ströck » Thu Feb 11, 2010 4:11 pm

czanderna wrote:I quickly made a plugin for myself for posting the article to delicious. And I thought it would be nice if other users would get the chance to use it.
I hope it's okay to post this plugin here. If it's not so, please tell me where to post it.

Here is my plugin: ShareWithDelicious

Hi,

That is great, thanks! I'm also working on a section on our website where we can put these, is it OK if I upload yours there? In fact, delicious is ubiquitous enough that I'll probably include it into the final core distribution of 2.5.

Michael

czanderna
Harmless

Postby czanderna » Thu Feb 11, 2010 5:28 pm

Michael Ströck wrote:Hi,

That is great, thanks! I'm also working on a section on our website where we can put these, is it OK if I upload yours there? In fact, delicious is ubiquitous enough that I'll probably include it into the final core distribution of 2.5.

Michael

Sure, you can upload it there. I would be great if it will make it to the final 2.5 :-)

Michael Ströck
Vienna Team

Postby Michael Ströck » Mon Feb 15, 2010 10:04 am

czanderna wrote:Sure, you can upload it there. I would be great if it will make it to the final 2.5 :-)

It already has, I just checked it in :-) Thank you very much, you'll of course be credited in the change notes.

czanderna
Harmless

Postby czanderna » Mon Feb 15, 2010 3:37 pm

Maybe I will contribute some more in the future.

I found out that there is one problem if I want to use my delicious-plugin with website i have opened in the In-App-Browser. The title of the website ist not correctly replaced. There stays still "$ArticleTitle$" instead of the right title. Is this a bug or did something with my plugin went wrong?

Michael Ströck
Vienna Team

Postby Michael Ströck » Mon Feb 15, 2010 9:22 pm

I found out that there is one problem if I want to use my delicious-plugin with website i have opened in the In-App-Browser. The title of the website ist not correctly replaced. There stays still "$ArticleTitle$" instead of the right title. Is this a bug or did something with my plugin went wrong?

Very probably a bug :-) I'll look at it! Do you want to be credited with you full name in the release notes? If so, please tell me what it is!

Michael Ströck
Vienna Team

Postby Michael Ströck » Mon Feb 15, 2010 9:43 pm

Michael Ströck wrote:Very probably a bug :-) I'll look at it! Do you want to be credited with you full name in the release notes? If so, please tell me what it is!

Sorry, missed your PM. Never mind.

Michael Ströck
Vienna Team

Postby Michael Ströck » Tue Feb 16, 2010 8:59 am

czanderna wrote:I found out that there is one problem if I want to use my delicious-plugin with website i have opened in the In-App-Browser. The title of the website ist not correctly replaced. There stays still "$ArticleTitle$" instead of the right title. Is this a bug or did something with my plugin went wrong?

This is fixed now.

theArchitect
Harmless

Postby theArchitect » Fri Feb 19, 2010 8:58 am

Hi,

I really like the new plug-in support.

I have a small request (sorry if this is the wrong place to post it):

I've created a plug-in which marks all subscriptions as read, via a bit of Applescript, just so I can have a one-click button to do this function.

It all works fine if I have an article selected, but its greyed out if I don't select anything.

I understand why you'd want this for plug-ins that work on a specific article, but for 'global' plug-ins like I've created this isn't so good.

Any chance of an option in the .plist file to say if an article needs to be selected or not for the script to run?

Hope this makes sense,

Cheers,

Gav

Michael Ströck
Vienna Team

Postby Michael Ströck » Mon Feb 22, 2010 8:00 pm

theArchitect wrote:Any chance of an option in the .plist file to say if an article needs to be selected or not for the script to run?

Hi Gav,

You're probably right. Here's what I'll do: The finished version will contain an optional property called "EnforceSelections" that will default to YES. If you set it to NO, the plugin will work.

Thanks,
Michael

theArchitect
Harmless

Postby theArchitect » Sun Feb 28, 2010 11:39 am

Superb, thanks Michael that sounds like a great solution.

Thanks for all the work you put into Vienna, its much appreciated.

Gav

dirt farmer
Latté

Postby dirt farmer » Mon Mar 01, 2010 12:16 am

Since it's almost out of Beta, and a full release, may as well update the copyright (since Steve still seems to be involved). Right now, under "About Vieanna", copyright says 2004-2008. Now, I'm no copyright lawyer, but, what the hey, may as well keep a clean house. =-)

AlanR
Frappa

Postby AlanR » Mon Mar 01, 2010 4:30 am

dirt farmer wrote:Since it's almost out of Beta, and a full release, may as well update the copyright (since Steve still seems to be involved). Right now, under "About Vieanna", copyright says 2004-2008. Now, I'm no copyright lawyer, but, what the hey, may as well keep a clean house. =-)

I was tempted to update the copyright in the sneak peeks but my policy is not to tinker with anything (aside from the version number).

Michael Ströck
Vienna Team

Postby Michael Ströck » Mon Mar 01, 2010 8:10 am

Hi dirtfarmer and Alan,

Thanks for the tip, I've fixed this.

dirt farmer
Latté

Postby dirt farmer » Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:30 pm

Let's get this baby out of Beta!! No code has been committed in some time. Methinks she's ready! :grin:

Return to “Vienna”