Delete Bug

An RSS/Atom newsreader with features comparable to commercial newsreaders.
raoul
Harmless

Delete Bug

Postby raoul » Wed Feb 03, 2010 5:59 pm

Hey there ;)
I use Vienna for quite a long time, but Ive never deleted a folder or feed. But a few days ago I wanted to go through my rss feeds and delete the ones I dont want anymore. Well, i tried. I dont know why, but when I delete something I can't do anything anymore. Well I can click feeds, but the articles won't show up. Only that wouldnt be so dramatic if the deleted feed woud actually be deleted. The next time I start Vienna again it's back. Oh, and I empty the trash. :/ How can i fix this bug? :'(

(Mac OS X 10.6.2, german localization, changed the icon)

edit/ I tried to reinstall it, bug still isnt fixed. :/ please.

kpointer
Harmless

Re: Delete Bug

Postby kpointer » Fri Feb 05, 2010 12:42 am

I've hit this bug as well recently. I found renaming my prefs file and restarting let me delete feeds fine. The next time it happened I experimented a bit more and found that switching from Unified layout to Report (also switched to the default theme, but haven't verified that it is necessary) let me delete feeds fine.

Michael Ströck
Vienna Team

Postby Michael Ströck » Fri Feb 05, 2010 9:32 am

Thanks for the report, I just looked into this. It only happens in Unified layout - it's extremely weird that nobody has ever noticed this before :-) We'll fix this ASAP. For the time being, switching back to another layout seems to resolve the issue of the folders list becoming "inert". At least it did for me - is everything working for you again now as well?

raoul
Harmless

Postby raoul » Fri Feb 05, 2010 2:14 pm

=-) yes, it worked. thank you so much ;)

stevepa
Vienna Team

Postby stevepa » Sat Feb 06, 2010 2:33 pm

This should be fixed with revision 1508, so it should be in 2.5 when that goes live. Thanks for the report!

AlanR
Frappa

Postby AlanR » Sat Feb 06, 2010 6:05 pm

stevepa wrote:This should be fixed with revision 1508, so it should be in 2.5 when that goes live. Thanks for the report!

1508 Beta is available.

Return to “Vienna”