Twitter and its Links

An RSS/Atom newsreader with features comparable to commercial newsreaders.
weriusaa
Latté

Twitter and its Links

Postby weriusaa » Fri Jan 22, 2010 7:58 am

Hi,
would it be possible to have a link conversion for Twitter feeds? I get some twitter feeds with urls in them but they are just text not links proper. so I always have to mark them, copy and then paste them into my browser (or use Quicksilver). I'd be very happy to have at least a context menu which says "open marked text in browser" or an option to convert urls into links.

Michael Ströck
Vienna Team

Re: Twitter and its Links

Postby Michael Ströck » Fri Jan 22, 2010 8:19 am

Hi,

This is a bit too specific for the core application, and simply parsing everything for URLs is too expensive if the user is displaying more than one article at a time. However, in 2.5, you should be able to write a script-plugin for that:

http://www.vienna-rss.org/?page_id=120 .

Actually, I'm going to add that capability to Vienn's AppleScript suite and write a script plugin for that as example. You'll then have a toolbar button for that functionality starting with 2.5.

weriusaa
Latté

Re: Twitter and its Links

Postby weriusaa » Fri Jan 22, 2010 8:36 am

Thanks a lot, sounds great.
I know what you mean though with too expensive etc. Twitter is pretty specific in that it doesn't put links into its feeds (they should do something about it, not you) but nevertheless it's good to have the ability to do something like that anyway.

Danke! Du machst wirklich tolle Arbeit, Vienna ist täglich im Einsatz und wirklich sehr praktisch.

Return to “Vienna”