AIM jumping on the no third party app bandwagon?

An instant messenger which can connect to AIM, GTalk, Jabber, ICQ, and more.
OverSpun
Harmless

Re: AIM jumping on the no third party app bandwagon?

Postby OverSpun » Fri May 26, 2017 4:55 am

to2xqj wrote:I am running the current version 1.5.10.4 from April, and AIM worked perfectly on Adium until yesterday at night.
I'm in Vienna, Austria, and last used it in the early afternoon. When I tried to sign on again around 11PM, I couldn't sign into AIM. I figured it was late anyway and I'd try again in the morning.
It is now 6:26AM, and none of my AIM accounts will connect through Adium. I can sign into GTalk without a problem.
Did something happen? Will it go away on its own, or did they finally change something significant that will make AIM impossible for me?

Scroll up this thread to find the link for the beta that fixes that issue.

I am still running 1.5.10.3b1 (3/25/17) and it works for me. :)

I'll try updating my original app and see if it works.

edit: 1.5.10.4 (4/27/17) works fine for me. Maybe just restart your computer?

to2xqj
Harmless

Postby to2xqj » Fri May 26, 2017 11:17 pm

I did try restarting my computer. Are you in the US or Europe or elsewhere? IIRC AIM was supposed to only work within the US after a certain point. The fix mentioned in earlier in this thread worked seamlessly - but now it looks like I'll have to switch from AIM to GTalk fulltime after all.

OverSpun
Harmless

Postby OverSpun » Fri May 26, 2017 11:22 pm

to2xqj wrote:

I did try restarting my computer. Are you in the US or Europe or elsewhere? IIRC AIM was supposed to only work within the US after a certain point. The fix mentioned in earlier in this thread worked seamlessly - but now it looks like I'll have to switch from AIM to GTalk fulltime after all.

I was not aware that AIM would not work in Europe anymore. I am located in California, US.

Return to “Adium”