Configuring SIPE on Yosemite

An instant messenger which can connect to AIM, GTalk, Jabber, ICQ, and more.
Batmensch
Harmless

Configuring SIPE on Yosemite

Postby Batmensch » Wed Oct 22, 2014 12:35 am

I'm using fresh installs of Adium (1.5.10) and the SIPE plugin (1.18.4). The plugin gives me very few options for configuring it, really only the server URL and a port number, which is evidently not enough for me to be able to connect to our Lync server. I can never connect, I simply get the password window over and over again.

I'm wondering if I could get it to work by adding the Windows domain to the User Name, but since that field won't accept any non-alphanumeric characters other than the @ symbol, I can't try that. When I use the SIPE plugin with pidgin, I get all sorts of options, including separating the user name and the domain, and it works fine. Is this working as expected?

Robby
Cocoaforge Admin

Re: Configuring SIPE on Yosemite

Postby Robby » Sun Oct 26, 2014 12:53 pm

For support with SIPE plugin, please contact its authors: http://sourceforge.net/p/sipe/discussion/.

Batmensch
Harmless

Postby Batmensch » Mon Oct 27, 2014 10:48 pm

This was an issue with the SIPE plugin; I downloaded a newer version, 1.18.4, which returned the expected configuration options and allowed the connection to work.

Robby
Cocoaforge Admin

Postby Robby » Tue Oct 28, 2014 12:26 am

Ah, yes, I saw a change mentioning issues with the recent release. Thanks for the update!

Return to “Adium”