Support for Yahoo Profile Aliases?

An instant messenger which can connect to AIM, GTalk, Jabber, ICQ, and more.
haroon
Harmless

Support for Yahoo Profile Aliases?

Postby haroon » Wed Nov 24, 2010 2:21 pm

Some of you might know that Yahoo allows one to have multiple IDs under the same account. For example AdiumUser could also add or send messages to contacts as his alternate identity, AdiumDork. In the native client, and also in various Linux clients, a drop down menu appears if an account has multiple aliases. I've searched high and low for a way to do this in Adium but I'm not having any luck. Can anyone help?

Robby
Cocoaforge Admin

Re: Support for Yahoo Profile Aliases?

Postby Robby » Wed Dec 15, 2010 10:47 am

Adium should also display a dropdown when you open a chat with a combined contact. You can invoke this drop-down by clicking the chat bubble labelled "Source/Destination" in the chat window's toolbar.

haroon
Harmless

Postby haroon » Wed Dec 15, 2010 3:26 pm

Thanks but that's not what I was referring to. In Yahoo if you login with, say -- AdiumYahoo you can have an alternative login linked to the same account for privacy purposes called AdiumYahooPrivate (just an example name, it can be anything). You can give certain people your ordinary ID and others your public ID -- usually used for people in chat rooms or cases where you don't want the person to have your primary contact info while chatting. Yahoo's native client detects any of those aliases you've setup and gives you a drop down menu to choose which ID you respond or initiate messages with.

Robby
Cocoaforge Admin

Postby Robby » Mon Jan 03, 2011 12:13 pm

In that case, I do not think this is supported, no.

Return to “Adium”