Adium periodically loses connections — trying to diagnose.

An instant messenger which can connect to AIM, GTalk, Jabber, ICQ, and more.
bluemilker
Harmless

Adium periodically loses connections — trying to diagnose.

Postby bluemilker » Sun Sep 13, 2009 3:41 am

Hey folks. I've looked through the wiki, but I haven't been able to find anything that helped with this. I was hoping one of you could shine a light, or at least point me in the right direction.

For the past few weeks, Adium periodically disconnects and reconnects to one of the two accounts I keep it logged in to (an AIM account, and a gchat account.) The AIM account seems to drop far more frequently (about 90% of the drops are AIM). It rarely happens to the same account twice in a short period, and almost never seems to happen to both accounts at once.

I've looked through the console, but while I can find messages from Adium, none of them seem to come up specifically during these sudden-drop/reconnection events.

One possibility is that my wireless router, or even my actual web connection, is hiccuping in some way that causes the connection to drop. The weird thing about that is that Adium will lose the connection, but anything else that I'm running (streaming web videos, bittorrent, etc...) won't show any signs of problems. So I'm mystified.

Adium's not crashing, and I can't find any logging options to turn on, so I'm short on actual data to give you. So if there's any more info I can provide, let me know.

Thanks in advance.

Return to “Adium”