adium logs

An instant messenger which can connect to AIM, GTalk, Jabber, ICQ, and more.
someone
Harmless

adium logs

Postby someone » Tue Jan 01, 2008 8:18 pm

I am starting a little project to import into adium years and years of AIM logs from my old PC (various formats), my old Mac AIM, and various incarnations of Adium.

First, I'm having a problem with Adium 1.1.4 not indexing its own logs.

I have logs having filenames in the following formats from various versions of Adium:

SCREENNAME (YYYY|MM|DD).html
SCREENNAME (YYYY|MM|DD).adiumLog
SCREENNAME (YYYY-MM-DD).html
SCREENNAME (YYYY-MM-DD).AdiumHTMLLog
SCREENNAME (YYYY-MM-DDTHH.mm.SS-ZONE).chatlog (mm= minutes)

Only the last two formats are being indexed by Adium's logviewer. Is this a bug?

Second, has anyone made any scripts to convert to Adium log format? It would be easier if I didn't have to reinvent the wheel. I'm importing from old AIM for Mac, Gaim, an old program called MyIM. All of these formats are already HTML but just need file name changes and some may need to be split into multiple files. Also is the non-XML format still supported? It's unlikely I'll be able to convert to XML because of the lack of data available.

someone
Harmless

Postby someone » Tue Jan 01, 2008 8:51 pm

OK I found this program which should work to convert Deadaim to adium but it uses the old format which is not being indexed http://www.paullockaby.com/projects/

Also I have found gaim2adium.pl. http://trac.adiumx.com/browser/trunk/Ut ... m2adium.pl

Anything else available?

theadamkramer
Harmless

Postby theadamkramer » Tue Jan 01, 2008 11:26 pm

how do you use that code the gaim2adium link you posted???

I have always wanted to import my Gaim logs from my PC from before i got my mac, but never figured out how

someone
Harmless

Postby someone » Sun Jan 06, 2008 6:26 am

1. Thanks for 1.2!

2. Version 1.2 still doesn't index old log files.

Return to “Adium”